At Sajari we are building the world’s best search and not many companies have done this from the ground up. The engineering team are looking for an experienced software engineer to help us deliver experiences that not only resonate with our customers but also scale with them and us.
What you’ll be doing
As a senior engineer, you will be:
- Helping to identify, define, design and implement experiences for our customers and their customers.
- Work closely with our product team to help craft theses experiences.
- Collaborating with the rest of the engineering team on how we are building and evolving Sajari’s search products.
- Fostering a pragmatic approach to how we work as a software development team and how we approach the building of our solutions.
- Mentoring junior members of the team while also sharing your experiences and expertise with the broader team.
- Not only delivering features, but looking for clear gaps and solving for those problems … we really are at heart looking for product engineers.
What you’ll bring
- You will have a good practical experience (3+ years) in backend development, in particular with the Go ecosystem.
- Experience in building the frontend of web products with technologies like TypeScript, React and GraphQL.
- Practical knowledge working with native cloud architectures of medium-to-large scope and complexity that can scale.
- You can articulate your thoughts and ideas concisely and easily with others. You have the ability to inspire and drive change across multiple teams and crafts (e.g. design, product and engineering).
- Experience with continuous delivery (e.g. progressive deployments, feature toggles, experimentation)
- Enjoyment of sharing knowledge with teammates
- Humility, we don’t expect you to know everything! Knowing when to ask for help and to learn from the team is an important skill.
Why join Sajari?
- Get in early at one of the most promising startups in the country.
- Join a tech company that values a healthy work/life balance while still getting things done.
- Get more done in three months than in an entire year working for a large corporation.
- See the impact of your work on millions of users as we power the search experience of major companies and governments around the globe, including catch.com.au, nsw.gov.au, Canva, Unity, Sennheiser, BBC, and Lockheed Martin.
- Get the opportunity to dive deep into machine learning and solve complex problems with the latest technologies.
- Join an extremely talented team of individuals coming from Google, Atlassian, Facebook, and Freelancer....
- Competitive salary plus equity.
More about Sajari
We launched in 2017, and spent the first couple of years building an entirely new search engine from the ground up while growing a profitable business. While the first few years were focused on enabling companies to create smart search experiences for their websites, our next horizon is to do the same in the e-commerce space and beyond.
We’ve got an amazing foundation, grand plans and we hope you’ll join us on this exciting journey.
If you got all the way to here, thank you. If you aren't sure that you fit all the above criteria perfectly, please reach out to us anyway we would love to chat. Humility is a wonderful thing — we're as interested in your character as in your talent.
Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.