At Sajari we have big plans for the coming year and we are looking for an experienced principal frontend engineer to help us deliver not only beautiful experiences but experiences that scale.
Why join Sajari?
- Get in early at one of the most promising startups in the country.
- Join a tech company that values a healthy work/life balance while still getting things done.
- Get more done in three months than in an entire year working for a large corporation.
- No politics!
- See the impact of your work on millions of users as we power the search experience of major companies and governments around the globe, including catch.com.au, nsw.gov.au, canva.com, unity.com, sennheiser.com, and lockheedmartin.com.
- Get the opportunity to dive deep into machine learning and solve complex problems with the latest technologies.
- Join an extremely talented team of individuals coming from Google, Atlassian, Freelancer …
- Competitive salary with equity (stock options).
What you’ll be doing
As a principal frontend engineer, you will be:
- Helping to identify, define, design and implement experiences for our customers and their customers.
- Working with our product team to help craft the experiences we deliver
- Collaborating with the rest of the engineering team on how we are building and evolving Sajari’s search products.
- Fostering a pragmatic approach to how we work as a software development team.
- Not only delivering features but looking for clear gaps and solving for those problems … we really are at heart looking for product engineers.
What you’ll bring
- Experience in building full featured React component libraries will also be advantageous.
- Experience working with engineering software systems of medium-to-large scope and complexity.
- Proven collaboration skills, with the ability to inspire and drive change across multiple teams and crafts (e.g. design, product and engineering).
- Experience in developing and maintaining reusable, performant and accessible frontend components.
- Experience with modern testing tools (e.g. Mocha, Jest, Jasmine, Sinon, Cypress)
- Experience with continuous delivery (e.g. progressive deployments, feature toggles, experimentation)
- Enjoyment of sharing knowledge with teammates, and working collaboratively when others or you need help!
If you want to impress, experience in these areas would great
- Expertise in frontend performance metrics and monitoring
- Expertise in building design systems
- Familiarity with GraphQL
- Familiarity with progressive web-apps
- Familiarity with Tailwind and JSS would also be a great plus
Launched in 2015, we spent the first couple of years building an entirely new search engine from the ground up while growing a profitable business. While the first few years were focused on enabling companies to create smart search experiences for their websites, our next horizon is to do the same in the e-commerce space and beyond.
We’ve got an amazing foundation, grand plans and we hope you’ll join us on this exciting journey.
Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Sajari is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sajari does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.