About the job
At Sajari we are building the world’s best search and not many companies have done this from the ground up. The engineering team is looking for an experienced data scientist to help us help our customers get the most out of our search. We want you to have a direct impact on how we evolve our search offering for our customers. We will consider candidates in the U.S. as well as Australia for this role.
Each of us engages with 10 or more different search technologies per day. But most search experiences fall well below the standards set by Google and Amazon.
We’re here to change that. We’re on a mission to enable every organization to build smart search and discover experiences.
Sajari is a search platform for websites and e-commerce stores built from the ground up with machine learning at the core, eliminating the need for specialist search engineers, and giving all developers the tools they need to create smart search solutions in days instead of months.
Thousands of sites around the world are using Sajari to implement hyper-relevant search that delivers results to their bottom line.
Why Join Sajari?
- Get in early at one of the most promising startups in the country.
- Join a tech company that values a healthy work/life balance while still getting things done.
- Get more done in three months than in an entire year working for a large corporation.
- No politics!
- See the impact of your work on millions of users as we power the search experience of major companies and governments around the globe, including catch.com.au, nsw.gov.au, canva.com, unity.com, sennheiser.com, and lockheedmartin.com.
- Get the opportunity to work closely with machine learning and solve complex problems with the latest technologies.
- Join an extremely talented team of individuals coming from Atlassian, Google, Facebook, Freelancer…
- Competitive salary with equity/stock options.
What you’ll be doing
- Apply ML models to the challenge of optimizing search rankings for our e-commerce customers and also the KPIs of our customers in other verticals.
- By studying historical ML model results and usage, make recommendations for process and model changes, to improve our platform’s performance and our ability to measure its ROI for customers. We want our customers to have a deeper understanding of how Sajari is helping them be more successful.
- Design experiments and interpret results to draw detailed and actionable conclusions.
- Through helping to solve customer challenges, identify, evaluate, and propose new use case opportunities, and effectively communicate these insights to our product team to help drive our product roadmap. We want our customers to see data science front and centre in our product!
- Where necessary, work closely with our customers' analytics and data science teams, resolving business queries and suggesting improvements and optimizations. But also bringing back these improvements either via improved tooling or product enhancements.
What you’ll bring
- Tertiary education in a quantitative discipline or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of experience working in product analytics or data science role.
- Familiarity with, and experience applying statistical modeling and machine learning using programming languages like Python or R.
- Your SQL skills are second to none, and you have knowledge of Data Engineering in tools like Bigquery, dataform or dbt.
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to work within a cross-functional team.
We launched in 2017 and spent the first couple of years building an entirely new search engine from the ground up while growing a profitable business. While the first few years were focused on enabling companies to create smart search experiences for their websites, our next horizon is to do the same in the e-commerce space and beyond. We’ve got an amazing foundation, grand plans and we hope you’ll join us on this exciting journey.
If you got all the way to here, thank you. If you aren't sure that you fit all the above criteria perfectly, please reach out to us anyway, we would love to chat. We're as interested in your character as in your on-paper resume.
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.