You can use sitemaps to make sure all the pages in the sitemap are crawled and indexed.
Follow these steps to add your sitemap to your collection:
- Check if the sitemap exists on your website by going to www.yourwebsite.com/sitemap.xml. If sitemap is already present, skip to 3
- If sitemap is missing, then ask your website developer or technical team to add sitemap to your website.
- Sitemaps must be present at the root of domain and should be named "sitemaps.xml" in order to be crawled (i.e. www.yourwebsite.com/sitemaps.xml).
- Log in to your console and select the relevant collection
- Navigate to Sites > Indexing > Diagnose page
- Enter the URL of the sitemap, i.e. www.yourwebsite.com/sitemap.xml to the site and press "Diagnose"
- It would return a message "Page not found in the index." Press "Add to Index"
Note: If you click on "See extended debug information", you might see a MIME error. This error can be ignored, and your sitemap and all the links that the sitemap links to would be indexed. It might take a few hours depending on the index queue.