Get Started in Five Minutes
This quickstart guide details how to integrate Site Search into your website in five minutes.
The main steps include:
- Create a Collection.
- Preview your search results.
- Design and integrate a search interface.
Create a Collection
A Collection is a grouping of webpages or documents (e.g. PDF & DOC) from one or more websites that you want to make searchable. You can create a collection by following a few simple steps:
- Sign up for a Sajari account (if you haven’t done so already).
- Once you have created your account, select "Site Search" on the Create a Collection page.
- Add your domain and provide an identifiable name for your collection.
- Click "Create Collection"
Sajari's crawler will visit your website, and scan a copy of the html on each page. This process is called 'indexing' and is necessary to build a Collection of data to search through. The time to index all your webpages depends on the size of your site, but the crawler will index all accessible pages over time.
If your website includes extra metadata that isn't indexed by default, you can add these fields as schema.
Preview your search results
Now that you have indexed your website, you can search the data stored in your collection. Click on Browse in the navigation to search through your collection.
Design and integrate a search interface
You can generate a simple search interface by navigating to the Integrate section of the Console.
- Select how your users are to execute a search query either by typing into a search bar or clicking a button.
- Choose where you want to display your search results. Showing results on a results page will take the user to a webpage to display search results, set by you. Showing results in an overlay will generate a search interface over the active webpage.
- Enter the applicable search results page URL (if selected) and optionally configure your results. Adding tabs will generate tab filters to display across the top of your results page.
- Click “Create Search Interface”. Once you have created your search interface, you can enter search queries to preview your interface appearance.
🎉 Congratulations! You have successfully integrated search into your website.